Wednesday, January 4, 2006

4-Jan-2006

Snowshoe, WV Ski Trip (Part 2)

WOW!  I love this!  I can't believe I've never been
before!  This is so much fun!!!  But my legs are killing me
I really wish I hadn't been too busy to exercise the last half of the
semester.  I would be set for all this if I hadn't.  But I'll
be okay.  This is good for me.  As yesterday, I skied all
morning (10:00 to 13:00 EST).  After doing just about every green
this side of the mountain, I was beat.  Some people I was riding
one of the lifts with was talking about the signs on the lift cable
support towers that said "Own Snowshoe" and how it would be more
accurate to have a sign that said "Owned by Snowshoe" with a picture of
a skier stuck 4 feet into a snow bank.

I haven't done that yet.  In fact, I don't feel like a beginner at
all.  So far, other than falling in line for a lift because I
didn't want to kill the small child in front of me (total falls for the
first day), I have only fallen twice (total for today) and both were on
purpose because my legs hurt so bad after two hours of having to hold
them bent.  This is so much fun!  I got a foot of air off a
bump (not a ramp) and have been speeding down the slopes keeping up
with people who actually know what they are doing.  I'm lovin' it
(yeah, sue me McDonalds, you don't own the English language).

Personally, I Would Say...

I'm happy.  I finally am again.  Sure, I'll have bad days,
but that's life.  I'm finally through something that's been
bothering me this semester, and that's part of why I had such a
wonderful day.  I actually am relaxing and getting 8 hours of
sleep every night.  I don't know how I survived the last semester,
but I did (praise God).  He didn't let me give up.  And for
those of you who didn't know, I almost did.  God kept me
going.  I couldn't deal with my life if I didn't have the hope and
grace God gives.

I needed this break.

In Other News...

I'm officially a geek.  I think I'm the only one of all of us that
actually brought a network cable with his laptop.  Everyone else
expected to use their wireless, and they can if they know how to
configure it (one system is W2K, not easy to set up).  I also have
been borrowing other people's DVDs and watching them.

I love technology.  Infact, so much so that if technology was a
woman... nah, wouldn't marry technology.  Too unstable.  I
need some stability.  I don't want to marry a woman who changes
every 6 months or so.  That would just creep me out.  I think
I could deal with crazy, but constantly changing would just mess with
me.  Who knows, I'm still fine tuning what I'm looking for. 
But I won't be marrying technology.

P.S.

I hope you all have been very creeped out by my post.  Or, if you
skipped the last section, are happy that things are finally back to
some form of normal, and my mental state is back to a stable
level.  Boy am I gonna have a lot to tell the psycologist I've
been talking with.  He's about 4 months behind on my life's story
(everyone should go see one at least for a few months to get a better
handle on life and to better understand their own past - it helps).

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am glad you are feeling better. I agree---everyone should go see a psychologist for a few months. It's worth every penny. On one final note, "I'm officially a geek" fell under the heading "In Other News..." and I guess I always considered news to be something new, and that is not new, so I was a bit humored by the sight of it under that title. Anyway, yes, you are officially a geek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, "In Other News..." is the seciton for everything that doesn't fit nicely into another area.

    ReplyDelete