Saturday, April 22, 2006

22-Apr-2006

Speechless

I'm at a loss for words to describe the weekend I've had.  The hike with Jessica and Amber was amazing.  Last night we hiked 3 miles in a steady rain through knee deep water where we couldn't find the trail.  We finally decided where we wanted to spend the night and hunkered down for some rest before completing the hiking experience the next day (after the rain stopped at 5 am).  Today we hiked 11 miles to wrap it all up stopping at Double Falls for lunch and having breakfast before getting underway after waking up.  I love camping food, it's so easy to make (open bag, insert fork or spoon).

After we got back, I was a little late getting to the meeting point for an evening of dancing (tick check took longer than I wanted it to, but after having several crawl DOWN my legs on the ride home, it was needed).  This week was McKindree as the schedule stated.  I learned some really cool new couples Charleston moves that I worked on all night.

If I could do anything for a weekend once a month, it would be exactly what I did this weekend.  I'm gonna have to do this more often.  My brother and I talked about both driving to the Smokeys and camping for a few days while hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail.  We'll see what we can come up with.

To Jessica, thanks for putting it all together for the hike. 
To Amber, thanks for trooping it out with us mental cases and for doing such a great job with the trails and fording in the river...
To all the follows I danced with tonight, keep up the great work! 

1 comment: