Wednesday, April 12, 2006

12-Apr-2006

Why does ITS suck so bad?  Because most of the staff doesn't know how to do their jobs.  Don't get me started about just the secretary/guard dog/helpdesk worker.  Sometimes I wonder if she knows anything about computers.  My ping was between 1000 and 2000 all afternoon and evening.  For those of you who don't game much, let me just tell

you

what

it

feels

like

to

try

and

play

online

when

you

can

only

move

your

person

every

two

minutes.  I'm really ticked because that's the only release I have for all the stress of homework and graduation.  This is driving me nuts.  I just want to be done.

I finally finished project 2 for Video Art class.  I don't like how it turned out.  Too many things I want to change that I can't because of the limitations of the technology we work with.  Oh well.  Good thing I won't be doing video work for a living.  I'm done.  That's the important part.  Now, Amber and I just have to get the final project done.  It should be really good.  We both just have too much stuff for other classes on top of this one.

I wish professors knew what working yourself through college was really like.  None of them seem to care.  "You just have to get it done" they tell me.  I have choice words I would reply with if I didn't have self control.  Many of them have roots that are four letters long.

Today, my department head even stopped me and asked if everything was okay.  She was the first person who noticed without me having said anything to first (she approached me - seems like most people outside my close circle of friends I have to hint at for about 20 minutes before they notice).  But, I didn't think I looked that bad that people could tell I'm low on sleep and sick of staying up till 03:00 to try and force the last few edits through to completion.  Two and a half weeks.  That's all I have to say about that.  I'm outta here in two and a half weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how bad lag sucks. And I understand your frustrations with them. Comcast is a good way to go, whenever you get out of there.

    ReplyDelete