Wednesday, August 3, 2005

3-Aug-2005

Odd Sense of Humor


So, I'm following the shuttle missions as closely as possible.  During a phone call with the Shuttle Discovery and International Space Station crew from President Bush, Commander Collins said in reply to thanks from the president, "We believe in our mission, and in getting people off Earth."


First of all, I didn't know life on Earth was so bad.  I mean, with all the wars, terrorists, and democrats, I still don't really want to leave all that much.  I would love to go to Heaven, but Mars isn't a stop on the way in my book (right now).


[rant]


Second, I do know what she really meant (exploration and such), but some people think the earth won't last much longer (couple million more years or so) or that we are over crowded (like China, but they seem to be doing ok so far - could do without birth restrictions though, they aren't needed over there).  It really isn't that bad.  I don't think humans will be around long enough to need a new home planet, and population is easy enough to take care of - (I know this sounds coldhearted , but it's just life in a fallen world) natural disasters are doing okay on their own.  We don't need to kill our children.


[/rant]


Keep up the exploration, NASA.  I would like to visit Mars.  I just don't know about living there long term yet.  But who knows.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to visit a world without liberals. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, keep sippin' the hateraid. And do keep it real.

    ReplyDelete