Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Overclock, Better Cooling Round

So, I decided it was time to get more out of my hardware, so I'm giving another attempt to over clocking my system. I stopped last time because of cooling problems. Right now, I'm 78% though a memtest86 run. Prime95 is next on the list if I can get it to complete this test fine.

Well, pass one completed. I'm not real worried about the memtest results as with the prime95 findings.

Strange. I just tried running a balanced prime95 torture test, and it kept failing with code 1005, so I gotta figure out what's going on there. I'm running a power consumption test right now while folding@home is running on the other core (prime95 is single core). I'm trying to make sure it is stable while running at 100% for at least an hour. I need to see how hot it's going to get. 50 degrees so far. I should know by 3:30 if the temps are okay. I'm gonna let it run all night if it's doing well enough (make sure it's completely stable).

Time for a soda.

No comments:

Post a Comment