Friday, March 9, 2007

Long Day

Wow. I got to work at 8 am this morning and left at 9 pm (minus an hour for lunch). It's been a while since I pulled a full shift like that. I'm tired. I have to be at work again early tomorrow, so I'm gonna turn in soon.

Before I go, I just wanted to say a few things. I've been doing a lot of thinking, and I've made some decisions. One, this fall, there is an opening to work for four months down in Papua New Ginea as a network admin for one of the Nazarene schools. I have decided to pursue that with all my energy. It will be a four month NIVS assignment, so I need to complete all the training (CCO and the like). I would also need to raise support for those four months. A job is going to be difficult to work out, because I will need to resign or get extended leave, and will need something a week or two after I return. God will provide. Second, I'm buying the last two original speakers from this set I bought from Nate. He originally sold them to Mandie, and she was going to put them in storage, so I thought I would save her a buck or two (and unite the set). Third, I purchased a second SDA this past Tuesday to replace my original, which is no longer working correctly. I am going to take it back as soon as I get my pay check next week and get the MDA. The company that makes both is releasing a new phone with all the features of the MDA in the size of the SDA in a few months, but I never buy brand new technology because of the pricing issue. So after I've had the MDA for a year, I might be ready for an upgrade, and the new phone should be cheaper.

Oh, and for those who I haven't spoken with recently, I've been working at CompUSA for about 6 months now, and am so ready to quit. The company is falling apart at the seams, and I'm in no hurry to "stick with it" because of the attitude displayed to me as an employee. I have applied several places and interviewed as well. I'm waiting to hear back from a few and still looking for more opportunities. I have been too stressed about my pay, and I have finally decided I can't take any more. I'm out as soon as possible. I need much better pay and benefits. I need to see a doctor. I need to get my car fixed. I need to have some stability and a savings account. I need God to provide something swiftly and soon if nothing lined up now works out.

I pray you all have a good evening and for those on spring break, hope it was amazing. DW

No comments:

Post a Comment