Thursday, August 10, 2006

11-Aug-2006

So, I spent a good hour online trying to help a friend find virus protection for a Mac running OS 10.2.  Too bad there isn't anything free out there (that I could find).  And this friend payed enough for the computer, there shouldn't be additional charges... (all my Win boxes have free a-v).

I'm happy to link this article: http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/macosx_leopard_preview.asp

After reading this article, there are so many things I'd like to say about Macs, the company that makes them, and the people that support them (I've been reading forums filled with people who know little about fact vs. fiction in computing); these comments include how I wish I had one to play with and learn how to support so when my friends call for help, I can give them a hand.  I don't have the money for it though, and I won't any time soon (my money is going into rent, food, car, and my gaming Windows PC in that order).  I just think the last few paragraphs of that article make a very good point and reinforce why there are few and it would be a total waste of time to write viruses for Macs.

Thanks for the chat J, maybe I can come over and you can teach me about your computer some time.  I'll bring the Win XP.  And perhaps some chips and drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment