Tuesday, March 21, 2006

21-Mar-2006

Man, I'm out of it...

I'm officially someone I never wanted to be.  I've reached the point where I can't stop moving or I'll fall asleep.  I'm so tired.  Sleep is a waste of time, because no matter how much I get, I wake up even more worn out than when I went to sleep.  I think my subconscious is about to explode.

One with the Trees

Jessica put together a hike to Picket State Park for last Saturday.  I've been on campus so long, I wanted to get off so bad, so when she told me about the trip, I jumped at it.  We met Ben and Levi in front of Benson Hall at about 08:30 and drove the two and a half hours out there.  We hiked/explored for about 4 hours before getting back on the road and heading home.

Our first loop was a compilation of the lake trail, hazard cave trail, and natural bridge trial that came out to somewhere between 3 and 4 miles long.  We had lunch in the cave (glad I thought of making a slew of sandwiches that morning before we left).  We also took a break at the bridge to climb around a bit and lay in the sun.  When we got back to the car, we looked around the lake where we started and then drove up a little ways to the trail head of the 10 mile loop.  We hiked about a half a mile to a mile in to find a waterfall and then we got a lot of photos around there and did some climbing in the algae and such (very dangerously slippery, much fun was had).  We then backtracked to get to the car and back to Nashville before 18:00 so I could have time to get ready for dancing.

I would rate the trails at easy because there isn't nearly as much up and down as I've seen in the past, and our routes were short but beautiful.  You can add a few more segments onto the loop we started out on to make it longer and a little more challenging if that is your cup of tea.  I would recommend the park to anyone who is interested in a good day hike.  We are gonna try and go back in a few weeks to do a day loop around the 10 miler or even an overnight trip if we can work that out over a long weekend.

I Heart Trees!

1 comment: