Monday, January 14, 2008

Latest News

I'm jobless at the moment. A lot has happened since I last updated in December. CompUSA announced it's closing around one of my last posts then and I've been racing around like crazy since. I almost got fired for taking time off to spend with my sister, but the next day the manager got word that she had to cut payroll by a lot, so she gave me the time no problem. Dana and I went skiing in West Virginia before she flew back to Ukraine for the second half of this school year (and she has singed up for a fourth school year that will continue at the end of her third year this year - please pray for her as she raises the needed funds to continue in this volunteer position). The last of the tech staff at our local CompUSA got let go Friday (me and Kendrick lasted the longest, most everyone else already quit). I have a few weeks to think things over and develop myself professionally as I look for a stable, long term job.

I'm so used to looking at everything in the short term. I was home schooled, everything went a year at a time. Then there were summers. Enter high school and the year I was there before starting college at PBA for gen ed (and the student job I held there). Then I transfered to TNU and worked there as a student as well. Now I've been at CompUSA for almost a year and a half, and I'm looking for a new job as that has all ended. I am now very focussed on finding an well established organization in a market that is not fluctuating as rapidly as many that are out there are presently.

If anyone needs computer work done or anything like that, just let me know

No comments:

Post a Comment