Thursday, July 20, 2006

20-Jul-2006

It's Cheaper, So It MUST Be Better

My car broke down last night because a plastic catch on the quick release for the fuel line that connects to the fuel filter broke.  Nothing like watching a gallon of gas soak into the road and evaporate.  I hate how there are so many plastic parts on cars these days.  Ford is just known for it's bad uses of plastic (yeah, never a good idea to put plastic in a transmission - our Windstar had that problem).  Thank goodness there was one 24 hour auto store in Middle Tennessee (here's a shout-out to the guys at at Advanced Auto Parts on Elm Hill Pike and Donelson Pike).  Wire works for holding the dang thing on there and it doesn't leak; the catch is just broken and it won't hold it there (wire is not one of the best ideas, but then I can't afford towing right now).

So, going to bed at 5:30 Wednesday morning and then being stuck out till about 3:00 this morning is gonna be great for me trying to drive to North Carolina tomorrow for my nephew's baptism on Sunday.  I'm really glad we decided to drive early because now I may use the extra time with a real tow truck and mechanic bill if anything else goes wrong.

Life is just great.

Update:

Life is better after a swim and shower.  Yeah, I wish people would make quality products, but I got it fixed for $6, so it's ok now.  I really hope nothing goes wrong on the drive.

1 comment:

  1. Getting cars fixed sucks. If I was a guy I would be a mechanic so I could con everyone out of their money. ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete