Monday, May 22, 2006

22-May-2006

Birthdays

Saturday was my birthday.  It was so much fun!  We went to RenFest all day, and then swing dancing all night.  It was a great way to spend my birthday.  A whole group of us went down together, and we got a group rate, but as soon as we got there, everyone took off, so Amber and I just hung out together.  Watched Human Chess, the Joust, The Roses (music group), and a few other things.  We spent a lot of time in the shops looking at different trinkets, rings, and bracers.  Can't make my own ring on the same scale as what was there, so I bought one of the celtic weaves.  But, for the price of those bracers, I could make a few sets of my own.  I'm gonna finish the coif i've been making and start a hauberick this summer.  I need to find some boots and pants that look more authentic.  I have a canvis shirt and a cape that will work quite well.  I think I found a noble weaver to commission for the making of the padding under my armor.  Then, it'll be time to find a sword.   I love RenFest.  I wish there were more in the area with a larger venue.  I would love working at something like that.

Swing dancing is awsome.  I went Saturday night, and then socialized at the Lindy on Sunday.  I plan to start up some lessons soon, so the final details are to find out when and how much $$.  The main dances on Saturday nights ended this week, so I gotta look around for the best place to replace those with.  This should be interesting.

I'm working on narrowing down which gamer shirts I want to buy to brag about my WoW addiction.  I should be posting some pics on here soon of my characters.  Well, back to work.  I'll be posting again sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment