Thursday, January 6, 2005

6-Jan-2005

How in the world does Xanga not have a currently: Playing (Game) option to tag on as extras?  I want the world to know chances are if I'm posting, I just got done playing Half-Life 2.  That game is so great, even though it still doesn't render quite right.  I think it has something to do with DirectX 9b and my video drivers, which are 2 years old.  And when I tried to update my video drivers from Dell's support site, it crashed my video and I had to restart in safe mode and roll back to my original drivers - loving XP's recovery features, too bad you have to use them so much.  Video drivers tend to crash when you try to update them.  I think my computer is ready for a format and clean install of all drivers (updated ones).


Florida was great.  I got about half the computer stuff sorting done, and even fit in a small lan party and a half hour at the beach (which was very relaxing, and I only took a roll of film while I was there, I normally take more).  Too bad it was overcast, I need work on my tan.


I'm glad to be back in Nashville.  Going out to eat tonight .  I like being able to use the caffeteria being closed as an excuse to go out... and my fridge is empty, gave all the perishables to my sister before I left.  BTW, thanks to CIT for the Christmas gift I'm using to eat out tonight.


Well, I'm trying to keep these shorter.  Just one last thing:


While at home I got really depressed.  For two days I couldn't figure out why, but then it hit me: I'm an 18.5 year old who is a senior in college with a diceased dad and a mom who just got re-married, a brother who is married in another state, a sister who is about to graduate (and is currently dating and looking at places to work when she does graduate).  I have a few possibilities for jobs when I graduate, but nothing is for sure on those.  I'm going to graduate in a year and a half, am not/don't need to be dating, and don't know where I want to live or how God will use me to work what he has called me to.  I was basically terrified that I was this young and winding up to start out on my own in life.  But then I reallized that God has all of that taken care of.  He knows what is best for me and what the future holds, so I don't need to.  I realized that while I do have an effect on my future, I don't need to worry about it.  I can sit back and enjoy the ride we all call life.  I know some one who is taking care of me.  And that is enough to make me content.  I love God so much!!!

2 comments:

  1. Try downloading your updated driver from Nvidia's website.  The one on Dell's website is way out of date.  If you have an ATI card, get your drivers from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ATI doesn't support it's moble cards.  You have to go to Dell  to get drivers...  I'm looking at doing a clean install of everything and then tweaking my system to run a lot better with the XP tweaking guide I found.

    ReplyDelete