Monday, January 24, 2005

24-Jan-2005

Yeah, I'm tired.  I haven't been getting the most sleep lately.  I am getting sleep, just not enough.  I've been thinking about too much stuff these days.


I'm waiting to hear back from someone I might be working for this summer, and it has been a week since I wrote him that e-mail.  I'm hoping he got it.  Gonna write another one later today.


I also need to get a car.  I found a nice Ford Mustang '98 with ok mileage and not too expensive, but chances are it was in an accedent or two based on the asking price for what it was equiped with.  My only requirements are a manual transmission and cruise control (for driving out to Denver this summer to work).  I'm also hoping it has good A/C, a CD player would be nice, but I can install that later if need be.  I'm not big on convertables, so that isn't a must.  I would take it though!  And I really don't care about make and model, I just prefere American cars and it has to look like something (I hate some of the new body designs that are coming out).  There goes a good ammout of my savings...


Plus, I'm getting more upset with ITS.  They disabled RDP from the labs to MY dorm (they said all dorms are disabled, but some people I know can do it to their dorms).  On top of that, the desktop I was using for data storage sort of quite the other day.  I can't figure out if it was processor, motherboard, or something else that was stupid.  I turned off "halt on errors" in the basic bios configuration, and when I restarted the machine, it wouldn't work.  I reset the bios to default, even pulled the little battery, but nothing worked.  Now I'm left with a half rate system that can't handle the 80 gig drive I had in the computer that quite.  I hate computers.  I plan to make my living off them, but some times i think about the song "If I Had A Hammer..." and smile to myself.  Forget about hammering out justice or any of those other things.  I'd hammer out a few comuters, and perhaps create a time machine so I could hammer a few people who started some of the trends in the industry.  Oh well... guess I'll just let "progress" be "progress."


That's all for now, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment