Sunday, July 10, 2011

My Wonderful Daughter

Last night, Summer was awake every couple of hours demanding food. She wasn't sleepy and wanted to play. Her mother and I did not want to play. We fed her and did what we could to make her happy, and this morning I watch Summer for a while so Reba could get some more sleep.

This afternoon, Summer had finally had enough. She was not happy and wouldn't stop screaming. The only thing we could do was walk around and bounce her until she finally gave up. I think I walked the circular walk in front of my apartment that goes around the stairs for about an hour before she finally got sleepy enough for us to lay her down.

Some people say parenthood is not worth the trouble, but I disagree. To see how happy she is to see me when I come home from work is amazing, even though she doesn't have a clue who I am yet. And when she gives me the cutest smile in the world every time I walk into the room, I melt a little inside. Summer is amazing. We love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment