Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Christian Semenar...

I fell asleep last night with the TV on and woke up to a Bible thumper very loudly proclaiming that the greatest gift we have is the Word. This makes me ask if she has ever actually read the Gospels (which happen to be in the Bible), because as far as I know (and the reason we celebrate Christmas), the greatest gift we have is salvation from our sin through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Now she's on a bit about how everyone has angels running about for them to make them successful in business (read as "rich"). I hope these people didn't pay too much for the seminar.

1 comment:

  1. I guess you can't sell salvation very well (though people have tried in the past), so it's easier to sell Bibles. Also, I hate prosperity gospel preachers. They destroy the Christian community and any shred of credibility pastors in general have.

    ReplyDelete