Monday, May 8, 2006

8-May-2006

Blah

(not exact)

German: so ist Leben
Spanish: tal es vida
French: telle est la vie
All I can say: such is life

This saying comes to my mind every time the crap hits the fan.  It's just the way it goes.  There's not much you can do to change most of it, and all you can do is get out the mop and bucket when it's done (and pray no one throws more before you're done with this batch).

Sometimes I think to myself, "Yesterday sucked and today isn't looking much better.  But just maybe tomorrow is my day...."

Graduation

Saturday was cool.  Never graduated before (side effect of being home schooled and bypassing all official channels).  Now I have honors cords, a tassel, and a degree.  It's weird.  I don't feel any smarter than I did last week.  I don't feel any different.  Nothing has changed, other than that I didn't have to register for classes in the fall.  Moved out on Friday, back to work on Monday.  I was expecting something... different.  Not sure what exactly.  I just guess I would feel official.  Guess that just comes over time.  And moving perhaps.  Or maybe a new job or something.  I dunno.

I just wish I didn't have this feeling that I'm missing something major.  You see, there's this hole that has nothing in it.  Everything I've tried to fit in it, I've pulled back out, because none of it fit right.  And no, I'm not talking about a God sized hole.  This is something else.  I just wish I could wrap around this thing and figure it out.  I've been analyzing it for the last year very seriously, and I still haven't gotten it.  I'm just gonna keep praying...

2 comments:

  1. I struggled to graduate at all, much less with those honors cords, which I envy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were some major surprises with who got cords this year. In fact, I'm surprised some of those people graduated at all.... But it is supposed to be by GPA, which isn't fair because Religion majors have a lot harder grading in their classes than say IT. It's all just kinda arbitrary in my opinion (much like how most troops handle the rank of Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts of America these days). Everything is subjective...

    ReplyDelete