Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quantum of Movie Viewing Solace (Wordpress Import)

I think that may be the first time I've ever gone to a movie alone. To be honest, it didn't change a thing about how I view the movie. I generally try not to talk to the people around me either way (depending on the movie, of course), so whether I know the people I'm sitting crammed shoulder to shoulder with or not, I enjoy the movie the same. I also went to the close theater in the BelMar area over here; it's a nice place.

Bob Marley's "No Woman, No Cry" just came on the radio. It could just be all the facination with how his weed habbit boosted the popularity of his music in the United States with a specific age group, but there is something interesting about him as a musician.

Back to the movie. Beginning to end I was facinated with the cenimatography, and the framing in particular. I started noticing them using the rule of thirds in almost every shot. I also managed to notice the dog in the bottom right quadrent, laying on the porch, as Bond casually jogs out of that building while fleeing the CIA. Look next time you watch it. The dog is there. Don't know why, it had nothing to do with the story, but my eyes were drawn to the dog just sitting there. That was the only major distraction from the general plot I noticed.

On a related note, can someone explain the name to me? "Die Another Day" is a great example of the Bond titles I'm used to and comfortable with. Most of the movie titles are taken as direct quotes or character names. I'm lost on the whole "Quantum of Solace" thing though. I know how the idea fit into the plot, I'm just saying, if the quote is in there somewhere, I missed it. Maybe after I watch it again it'll make more sense to me. I don't really care about the title, the movie itself was amazing!

So I guess the general idea here is I continue to like the Bond series and the new Bond in particular. Daniel Craig does a superb job of getting beat up over and over again and surviving just long enough to kill the other guy. Two thumbs up from me.

Tangents: I bought an eeePC 10" XP model from Best Buy last night and took it back this morning. Sorely disappointed that they put such a cheap, crappy CPU in those models (the XP versions come with a 900MHz processor that can't even play YouTube videos). I also got a trickle charger for my car battery and will be charging that some time this coming week. I had issues starting the car several times this past week with the cold weather settling in. I also picked up a polarized lens for my camera, so I'll be shooting with that some in the next few weeks, but no new photos yet. I have shots of snow and other things I've been experimenting with up on Facebook. I think that covers it for tonight. If I don't wake up sick again, I'll be at church tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment