Saturday, April 5, 2008

Life in the Breakdown Lane

Fun trip. Oh, btw, if you are ever in Kansas, don't fill up at the Shell gas station at Salina. They sell bad gas. It clogged the fuel filter and caused me to spend 3 hours at exit 19 (thank goodness for service stations) while Bill swapped it out (I could have and would have done it myself to save money, but I didn't have the spare part). Same thing that happened last trip three years ago too.

But we finally made it a lot of money later ($47 at KS I-70 exit 19, $80 at a station just inside CO for fuel cleaner, a spare filter just in case, and a fresh tank of gas to try and delude whatever was in my tank). Then the new filter started clogging and choking just as we got into Denver. I have the spare filter I may have to put on, but I'd rather get it to a mechanic, have the tank pulled and cleaned out, and then have the new filter put on. I think I might ask about having the fuel injection system cleaned as well. But I think the tank itself will cost me about $300 in labor (no parts needed, I already have the filter).

But I'm here. Dinner last night with the old/new gang was a lot of fun. We had tacos and played a card game involving farming (it was about beans, planting and harvesting). Luke and Matthew were there who I've worked with before, as well as Josh (who's house we were at) and three brothers who are all transfers/new additions to the Denver office more recently. I think we could have some fun in the next few years.

Well, I need to go look up mechanics, so I'm off for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment