Friday, April 22, 2005

22-Apr-2005

Work


Man, life is hard.   Something really bad happened at work yesterday.   Right now, it is the second to last think I needed to hear about my job, though it isn't any better than the worst thing I could have heard.   I've learned a lot about this school and how it works.


I'm really glad I took that position out in Denver this summer.   I was considering applying for summer RA here and working in CIT full time.   I found out yesterday that that wouldn't be possible, but I had already decided to go to Denver a month or two ago.   I can see the hand of God in directing me to pursue Denver and not stay here.   He knew what was coming and as usual was taking care of me.


Due to some reorganization of technology responsibilities on campus, my boss got laid off yesterday.   As a result, at the end of this term, my position no longer exists (I have about two weeks left).   I'm going to see if ITS (who is now responsible for web development) will have a position for me to do support for current sites and possibly develop anything new that is needed.   I don't know if they plan on hiring someone else to do web development or if they are going to farm it all out.   That will probably have a lot to do with whether or not they could use a student worker.


This is an exhausting ordeal.   I don’t know what I’m going to do next year if ITS doesn’t have a need for me.   I don’t know what I’ll do next summer when I graduate if the temporary position I have this summer doesn’t pan out.   All I know is that God will provide.   He has before, and I know He’ll continue.


Sidebar: for security reasons, when my boss left, passwords were changed.   I can’t access things I need to finish my work.


Pattern?


My life seems to be a pattern of one event after another.   About the time that I get over one problem (my last few blogs), another fills the empty space.   God has given me the grace to deal with each situation as it comes, but lately, I’ve had so much pressure with final projects, the end of the semester, and now this situation, I just want a break from it all.   I wish time could pause and I could stop and do nothing.   Absolutely nothing.   Sit around.   And perhaps a few fun things.   Swing dancing, working out, fly a kite, go to the beach, take pictures…


It’s Dead


My camera died sometime in the past few months.   I think the shutter is sticking.   I took 44 pictures at a student’s senior recital.   When I got the rolls developed and looked that the negatives, there were 26 pictures in all.   Talk about mortality rate.   When I take pictures, between 10% and 25% turn out really well.   I lost have of them, so about 5% to 12.5% will be good (statistically).   I wanted a new camera.   This one isn’t worth getting fixed.   Here’s my excuse.


Other News


My group project in E-Commerce is really coming along.   All that is left is the shopping cart and checkout sections of the site.   Those will be time consuming to write and get working properly, but the site will be complete and will look great.   We put the header image in it last night.   Very nice, clean look.   The menu should be done today or tomorrow.   Pop that in, finish the two last sections and bang.   One final project down, one to go.   Then I can work in the 10 page paper and take home final.   I’m making progress, and the goal seems a little more achievable, but I still want to quit.   Too bad I’m a fighter and refuse to give up.   One day, that will be the death of me.

1 comment:

  1. You have some of the longest blogs that I have ever known but that is ok... I still like to read them all! : ) Anyway... keep up the great work and remember to lean on God with everything that is going on. He will help you! : ) ave a good day!

    ReplyDelete