Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Bio (Wordpress Import)

Hello! My name is Daryl, and this is my story.

I was born in West Palm Beach, Florida on May 20th, 1986, to Dave and Deloris Winsinger. I was raised in the Church of the Nazarene (a small protestant denomination with a strong focus on missions - my father was a missionary's kid). I was home schooled until I reached high school age and was also heavily involved in church activities and both the Cub Scouts the Boy Scouts of America. I have always been into computers as my dad was a database programmer for 30 years.

As my brother and sister had, I started public high school my ninth grade year. A major change came when I changed focus to dual-enrollment the following year at Palm Beach Atlantic University when I was fifteen. I had to prioritize and focus on my schooling alone to keep up with the college pace. I also eventually started working on campus between and after classes to cover tuition.

After two years of classes at PBA, I transferred to the regional Nazarene college - Trevecca Nazarene University. I had commuted to PBA, so living on campus so far from home was a big adjustment. The three years I spent at Trevecca gave me a lot of time to grow in many ways. I became more outgoing and have developed friendships that will last a lifetime. I also gained valuable work experience through campus positions available to students in web development. I plugged into a church and got involved in the college ministries. I have worked with employees and other students to fill technical needs not otherwise solved by support staff and to make Trevecca a better community for future students.

In May 2006, I graduated from Trevecca Magna Cum Laude with a B.S. in Information Technology. It came as a surprise to me when I was told I was in the top fifteen percent and would be inducted into the honors society.

Following an internship before my senior year, I was hired by Computronix USA Inc. at the beginning of this year after working in computer repair and server administration for a year and a half. The company moved me to Denver, Colorado to work in the main offices in April of 2008.

Today I am continuing work in database programming, web development, photography, swing dancing, hiking, climbing, and several other hobbies I have picked up while in Nashville. I also still build, repair, and mod the heck out of computers. I continue to seek God's will in my life as I transition to support myself and move into life after college.

No comments:

Post a Comment